What a Marketing Navigation System should do?
- Help marketers find out what they don’t know they don’t know (i.e. the unknown unknowns) so that they won’ be blindsided
- Alert marketers on negative word of mouth & potential danger
- Help determine how to get where the organizations want to be (e.g. specific content and distribution tactics for content marketing)
- Track and compare the positions of the organization and its competitors
- Help marketers benchmark and learn from best practices
- Provide Leading Indicators instead of Lagging Indicators so that organizations can manage performance proactively
- Provide optimal granularity (level of detail) so that the insights are actionable
- Easy and real-time access to reports for adjustment of tactics and strategies based on timely feedback
How a Marketing Navigation System Works?
- Use big data analytics to monitor, filter and analyze relevant info extracted from customers’online interactions and communications amongst themselves, with the brands or the brands’ competitors on social media and online communities
- Generate actionable insights from the data to improve marketers’ online and offline marketing activities
- Provide a feedback loop for continuous improvement
- The system is not only a tool but also a set of methods to enable marketers to “ask the right questions” and focus resources on areas with the biggest leverage and ROIs
Since the new customer journey is not linear anymore, the use cases of the Marketing Navigation System will be discussed in the context of digital and especially social media marketing.
Common Questions Marketers and Organizations want answered:
What Tactics Are Most Effective In Social Marketing?
- One of the best ways to learn is to observe what leaders and competitors are doing and the results of those tactics. Content engagements shows you what your audience actually cares about. Tracking the top engagement content and what the posts have in common allows marketers to identify the most effective tactics.
- A common challenge to many organizations is that they don’t know what they don’t know; the organizations and marketers worry that they would miss out on important trends or essential market intelligence.
- • A good Marketing Navigation System such as iThink should be designed to help you find the “unknown unknowns” so that you can benchmark the leaders on effective tactics, be them contests, giveaways, or themed content. The system will also guide you on what content to create and how to reach your customers.
Monitor to see if the tactics of the competitors and leaders are working or not based on metrics such as engagement and sentiment.
How do I prevent and manage crisis?
- Many organizations do not know what people are talking about them and the trends of those conversations because the most popular social networks are like “walled gardens” and the discussion do not show up on internet search easily. As a result, many organizations are blindsided by PR crisis that’s too late to be handled effectively.
- A good Marketing Navigation System such as iThink should allow organizations to monitor the relevant markets, industries, and communities effectively not only with keywords or pre-defined topics but also without the need of keywords.
- Organizations can receive email alerts on negative conversations relevant to them and to manage crisis proactively by monitoring the trends and sentiments of the discussions.
Monitor the trend, engagement and sentiment of the conversations of the target groups and filter the results easily by social media platforms, publishers, online communities and even by Key Opinion leaders
What are the best ways to engage my audience with social media?
- To engage audience, an organization first needs to identify audience interests and relevant issues; it’s not only essential for social marketing but also for overall marketing and even the entire business strategy (e.g. product development)
- A good Marketing Navigation System such as iThink should be designed to help you find the “unknown unknown” and monitor audience interests and relevant trends without the need of pre-defined keywords or topics
- In fact, text mining technology can be applied to top engagement posts to help organizations find the keywords showed up frequently in the audience conversations to identify the “unknown unknown” for ongoing monitoring
Found out the audience interests and relevant trends from social intelligence by text mining and filter the results by markets, industries, competitors, platforms, publishers and even Key Opinion Leaders
How do I measure the return on my social media marketing?
- Depending on the marketing objectives, social engagements could be a metric to evaluate the Return On Investment of the initiatives.
- More importantly, an effective Marketing Navigation System keeps an organization focused on the “Right” objectives and “Right” processes by upgrading gut-based decision making to fact-based analytics.
- A “Wrong” process (no matter how efficiently it was conducted) will not produce the desired outcome and is one of the biggest drains on Return On Investment.
The tools and the consulting team of the iThink Navigation System keep organizations focused on the Right processes
How Do I Engage My Audience With Social Media?
- To engage audience, an organization first needs to identify audience interests and relevant issues; it’s not only essential for social marketing but also for overall marketing and even the entire business strategy (e.g. product development).
- A good Marketing Navigation System such as iThink should be designed to help you find the “unknown unknowns” and monitor audience interests and relevant trends without the need of pre-defined keywords or topics.In fact, text mining technology can be applied to top engagement posts to help organizations find the keywords showing up frequently in the audience conversations to identify the “unknown unknowns” for ongoing monitoring. It’s counter-intuitive but sometimes, it’s not about boosting the features and benefits of your brand. To engage your target audience on social media, it’s about delivering the right information to your prospects at the right point in the customer journey.
- You can filter the big data of interactions and discussion in the digital world by engagement, keyword, topic, time frame, brand, and source so that youcan analyze relevant content that meets your parameters. Analyzing top content allows you to identify what engaging content in your industry looks like and determine how to build engaging content. Marketers should continue to track the engaging content by channel and by keyword overtime for benchmarking and continuous improvement.
Analysis of Competitive landscape, Distribution networks, Content strategies and Tactics, Customer interests and sentiments to expand the reach of the Company
What are the best ways to use paid social media?
- Monitoring engagements by social media platforms, publishers, online communities and pages of Key Opinion Leaders helps organizations determine “Where to focus their social media efforts”; “When to post” and “How frequent to post”./li>
- An effective Marketing Navigation System such as iThink should facilitate the monitoring of social engagements by various sources without the need of pre-defined keywords. The monitoring also provides a metric to evaluate the ROI and effectiveness of the organizations’ paid campaigns and initiatives.
- Tracking content engagement with content distribution allows you to uncover the topics and tactics that work for your tracked companies by distribution channel and how they are using each specific channel(including posting frequency and time). The ongoing analysis of your own brand, your competitors and best in class leaders helps determine which paid channels to buy to and how to use each channel.
Maximize the effectiveness of distribution of the organizations’ social media content and campaigns